ProactiveGamers

Talk about games and other entertainment here! Meet other gamers and share your own opinions!

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

My thoughts on the state of the Sonic Series.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Coldpay92
Saving
Saving

PostSubject: My thoughts on the state of the Sonic Series.   Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:45 pm

If you only look at the Sonic levels in the 3d games, they were actually pretty good. I really liked the Sonic/Shadow levels in Sonic Adventure 2, but unfortunately they only took up like 20-30% of the game. We bought a Sonic game, not a Tails/Knuckles/Rouge/Eggman game. If you want to include those characters, then fine, just make them optional and have similar gameplay to Sonic with small changes for each character (flying, grinding, etc)Personally, i think Sonic Heroes is the best out right now. If it weren't for the glitches and team gameplay (which is *okay* but I prefer sonic only) the levels are actually some of the best 3d sonic level design in the series. Great platforming.The main problem with the current sonic series is that sega likes to throw as much as they can into a game, and then don't give the developers enough time to develop the game fully. Sega simply needs to realize the best thing about the old Sonic games were how simple they are. (meaning complexity, not difficulty)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MCB3591
Agent of Chaos
Agent of Chaos

PostSubject: Re: My thoughts on the state of the Sonic Series.   Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:16 pm

I agree. The sidescrolling was more fun.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

My thoughts on the state of the Sonic Series.
Page 1 of 1